Traveling during the holidays can be rather challenging and stressful. People rushing from one place to another without paying attention to where they are going or what they are doing. While many people are looking forward to time spent with family and friends, others have the responsibility of working and providing a service.
Mixed in the chaos of frantic drivers are truck drivers. The increase in traffic during the holidays makes driving safely more of a challenge and requires extra planning and paying extra attention to avoid distractions.
• Driving during the holidays requires paying extra close attention and avoiding distractions.
• Check the weather forecast and road conditions before setting out on the road. Sign up for
alerts and notifications.
• Plan for the unexpected and plan an alternate route in case of road closures.
• Pay extra attention to your vehicle, keep up with maintenance, and perform a pre-trip and
• Take care of yourself! Practice good health habits by getting plenty of sleep, eating healthy and
It is very important to be aware of your surroundings and take extra precautions and plan for the unexpected. Avoid distractions and do not let bad drivers upset you. It only takes two seconds of being distracted to double the odds of being involved in an accident. Do not talk on your phone and never text while driving. Leave extra space between your truck and the vehicle in front of you, avoid unnecessary lane changes, and drive in the right lane, at slower speeds. It is better to take a little extra time to arrive at your destination than not arrive all.
As always, be safe out there!